THS volleyball gets pair of wins
Following a six-day break, the Tonganoxie High volleyball team got back in the win column Monday at KC Washington.
The Chieftains (10-13) went 2-0 in a triangular against Sumner Academy and Washington. THS defeated the Sabres, 25-21, 25-21, then swept the hosting Wildcats, 25-3, 25-12. The opening set against Washington was the Chieftains’ most lopsided of the season.
Senior Leah Miller combined for 13 kills in the pair of wins. Senior Marissa Martin had a combined 40 digs in the pair of wins and also recorded six services aces — all in the win against Washington.
THS returned to Kaw Valley League play Tuesday when it traveled to Piper. The teams previously met in the fifth-place match of the Tonganoxie Invitational, which the Pirates won in three sets. The Chieftains will return to the court Saturday when they participate in the De Soto Spikefest.
More like this story
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
- Jarbalo Jottings, Linwood News and McLouth Happenings
- Kansas schools get federal grant to replace diesel buses