THS volleyball falls to Piper in four
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team suffered a Kaw Valley League loss Tuesday on the road, falling to Piper in four sets. The Pirates defeated the Chieftains, 25-13, 21-25, 25-15, 25-20.
THS (10-14, 1-4 KVL) got strong performances from seniors Leah Miller and Marissa Martin in the loss. Miller finished with four kills, 12 digs and a team-high five services aces. Meanwhile, Martin paced the Chieftains with 34 digs. Sophomore Cheyenne Ford lead the team with seven kills and freshman Mykah Wingerter added six.
The Chieftains will be back on the court Saturday when they play in the De Soto Spikefest.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds