Chieftain volleyball falls to Ward on senior night
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team suffered a senior-night loss Tuesday against Bishop Ward. The Cyclones defeated the Chieftains in five sets, 25-22, 20-25, 25-23, 18-25, 15-9.
THS (12-18, 1-5 Kaw Valley League) got another strong performance from libero Marissa Martin, who finished with a season-high 58 digs. Meanwhile, Leah Miller, Morgan Oroke and Cheyenne Ford each had double-digit kills and digs in the loss. Miller had a team-high 12 kills and 34 digs, Oroke had 11 kills and 13 digs and Ford had 11 kills and 11 digs.
The match was the final regular-season home action for seniors Martin, Oroke, Miller, Kara Banks, Kaylin Nelson and Kensey Nelson. It's not the last time they'll play on their home floor, though, as the Chieftains are set to host a Class 4A-1 sub-state tournament on Oct. 26.
THS will get a rematch with Bishop Ward at 6 p.m. Thursday at BWHS.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie area groups support national veteran motorcycle ride on Interstate 70
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school
- Kansas lawmaker resigning to head conservative policy group
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie City Council's Curtis Oroke
- Few original Brownback cabinet secretaries remain