Eudora 13-year-old girl injured in vehicle accident
A 13-year-old Eudora girl was taken to an area hospital after her family’s vehicle rolled over her legs Monday afternoon in the Genesis Christian Academy parking lot.
The girl’s mother thought she put the car in park just east of GCA before she headed into the school, said Jeff Brandau, Tonganoxie police chief.
The 13-year-old and an infant sibling stayed in the back seat of the vehicle, which started to roll backward. The girl attempted to get the vehicle stopped but fell under the vehicle in the process and the car drove over both her legs, Brandau said. The car came to rest at the parking lot’s east edge.
Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services took the girl to Children’s Mercy Hospital for treatment of her injured legs, Brandau said.
The accident occurred just before 3 p.m. at the school, 204 Washington in Tonganoxie.
The girl, who is homeschooled, plays on Genesis’ volleyball team. The family was there to meet the team for for an away volleyball game, according to a GCA official.
More like this story
- Vehicle rolls over Eudora girls' legs in Genesis Christian Academy parking lot
- Genesis Christian Academy to remember Andrews with run/walk gathering Tuesday morning at Chieftain Park
- Leavenworth girl injured in accident south of Eudora
- Genesis kindergarteners graduate May 24; GCA awards night to follow
- Tonganoxie woman injured in early-morning accident on I-435 in Shawnee