Kansas Supreme Court reappoints local judge
The Kansas Supreme Court reappointed Judge David J. King recently to a two-year term as Chief Judge of the First Judicial District, effective Jan. 1, 2014.
King has served as a district judge since 1986 in the First Judicial District. He presides over cases in Leavenworth and Atchison counties.
“I am honored to serve as Chief Judge for the Leavenworth and Atchison District Courts,” King said. “We are committed to providing fair, efficient and effective access to justice for all.”
King has resided in Leavenworth County since 1981. He is a graduate of Kansas University, where he attended both undergraduate and law school.
Chief Justice Lawton R. Nuss he was pleased to announce King’s reappointment.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015