Kansas Supreme Court reappoints local judge
The Kansas Supreme Court reappointed Judge David J. King recently to a two-year term as Chief Judge of the First Judicial District, effective Jan. 1, 2014.
King has served as a district judge since 1986 in the First Judicial District. He presides over cases in Leavenworth and Atchison counties.
“I am honored to serve as Chief Judge for the Leavenworth and Atchison District Courts,” King said. “We are committed to providing fair, efficient and effective access to justice for all.”
King has resided in Leavenworth County since 1981. He is a graduate of Kansas University, where he attended both undergraduate and law school.
Chief Justice Lawton R. Nuss he was pleased to announce King’s reappointment.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station