Stanwood Friends Church celebrated its homecoming Oct. 6 with about 75 people attending. Speakers were Rev. Tom Drake and Rev. Roberson of Wichita, superintendent for the Friends Yearly meeting. This marked 130 years of worship and fellowship. Phileman and Mary Newlin Jones were among the founders of Stanwood Friends Meeting in 1883.
• Weekend guests of Margaret and Lloyd Smelser were her sister, Virginia Jones, and Virginia’s son, Tim Jones, and Melissa, all of Colorado.
• Weekend guests of Fred and Catherine Smelser were his cousin, Pete and Eryn Mercer and family, of Colorado.
• Weekend guests of Bob and Alfreda Ryan were her nephew, Tom Jones and his son, Andrew, Ciera, and their daughter, McInna, all of Colorado.
• On Oct. 6, Bob and Alfreda Ryan had 37 afternoon and evening guests. Four generations of the Alfred and Olive Lobb Jones family, ages ranging from 10 months to 94 years, came from Kansas, Missouri, Colorado and Texas. Alfred Jones was the grandson of Phileman Jones. All had attended the Stanwood homecoming.
• Join in the fun with the Threshers Lair Haunted Hayride from 7-10 p.m. Saturday and at the McLouth Threshing Bee Grounds. The hayride also will be offered 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26. Cost is $7 per person and $5 for children ages 6 and younger.
• All are invited to an evening of “A Little Fright Music” presented by the University of Saint Mary Community Band and Concert Chorale at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Xavier Theater on the University of Saint Mary campus in Leavenworth. There will be a costume contest for children in grades fifth grade and younger. Audience is invited to attend in costume. Admission is free.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-796-6935.
More like this story
- Summer in Tonganoxie: Library offers special themes for programs
- Frese: Push for Tonganoxie Public Libary expansion starts with Saturday run
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events