Ed, Peggy and Drew Gillaspie and Luke Cole spent the weekend of Oct. 3 in Branson, Mo., enjoying the Fall Festival.
Herbert and Genevieve Schwinn, Sue Todd, Bill and Brenda Schwinn, Danny and Linda Schwinn and Evelyn Schwinn went Oct. 6 to the First Presbyterian Church in Gardner for a celebration honoring Veronica Hernandez and Michael Thomas. They will be married in November.
Baby boy Grayson Oliver Moore arrived at 11:09 p.m. Oct. 6 at Saint Luke’s Children’s Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces. The proud parents are Jake and Amy Jo Moore. Grandparents are Johnny and Jackie Schwinn. Great-grandparents are Dwane and Joann Monroe and Evelyn Schwinn, all of this area.
Plans are being made for the Harvest Festival, set for 3 p.m. Oct. 26, at Springdale Friends Church. There will be games, fun things and good food. This is a free event, so come visit and enjoy the evening.
Ralph and Linda Haley of Springdale had the misfortune of losing a garage by fire on Oct. 9. A woman passing by reported the fire to the Haleys. There were five fire trucks and several people. They were able to get the vehicles out. The trucks were gone by midnight. Thank goodness no wind was blowing, or it could have been worse.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses