THS soccer ends skid at Maur Hill
The Tonganoxie High soccer team got back in the win column Tuesday with a 6-3 victory at Maur Hill-Mount Academy in Atchison. Five THS players scored in the victory, which snapped a three-game losing streak.
The Chieftains (4-9) got off to a rough start, falling behind 2-0 early in the contest. They cut the lead in half on a goal by Tyler Novotney, then Logan Williams scored back-to-back goals — his first scores of the season — to give THS a 3-2 halftime lead.
Maur Hill tied things up with a goal early in the second half, but a score by Dylan Olson gave the Chieftains a lead they wouldn't relinquish. Ben Edmonds and Jay Willcutt each added scores down the stretch, capping off the team's highest scoring performance of the season.
THS will return home Thursday for a rematch with Bishop Ward. The Cyclones earned a 2-1, double-overtime win against the Chieftains Thursday at BWHS.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Face to Face: Vintage Park's Julie Hansen
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map