THS volleyball 10th in De Soto
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team struggled Saturday at the De Soto Spikefest, going 2-3 and finishing 10th out of 12 teams.
The Chieftains (12-17) opened pool with a three-set win against Eudora, 25-13, 17-25, 27-25, but dropped their remaining pool play matches to host De Soto (25-17, 25-15) and Jefferson County North (25-15, 25-20).
Following pool play, THS swept Pittsburg in a consolation match, 25-23, 25-23, forcing a rematch with Eudora in the ninth-place match. The Cardinals got the best of the Chieftains in the second meeting, winning in straight sets, 25-16, 25-13.
Baldwin won the tournament, dropping just one set in six matches. The Bulldogs defeated De Soto for the tournament title.
THS will host Bishop Ward on Tuesday for senior night. The freshman match will start things off at 4 p.m. The Chieftains will face the Cyclones again at 6 p.m. Thursday at BWHS.
More like this story
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Man pleads guilty in death of Kansas State Fair worker slain over haircut visit
- Kansas man sentenced for 17th drunken driving conviction
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign