Prescription drug drop-offs for disposal to be offered Oct. 26 throughout Leavenworth County
Unused and expired prescription drugs can be dropped off later this month at designated spots throughout Leavenworth County for disposal.
Drugs can be dropped off between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, in Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth and Fort Leavenworth.
Locations are Basehor Community Library, 1400 158th St. in Basehor; The Medicine Store, 760 Northstar Court, Tonganoxie; Lansing City Hall, 800 First Terrace; Price Chopper, 2107 South Fourth St., and Dillons, 720 Eisenhower Road in Leavenworth; and AAFES Post Exchange, 330 Kansas Avenue, Building 700, at Fort Leavenworth.
In addition to the businesses serving as drop-off points, the drive is being sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforement Administration, Lansing, Leavenworth, Basehor and Tonganoxie police departments, Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office, Regional Prevention Center of Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties, Project LEAD of Leavenworth County and Kansas City Kansas Community College.
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Man accused of Jewish site shootings to appear in court
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court