Zumba-thon event to honor student’s late mother
Studio Chanel and Co. will have a second Zumba-thon to raise money for breast cancer research.
The Tonganoxie dance studio will have the event from 1-2 p.m. Sunday at the studio, 1203 E. U.S. Highway 24-40. Participants are encouraged to wear pink for the hour of Zumba.
Proceeds will go to the Zumba Global Research Grant for breast cancer prevention in honor of Courtney Sunderland, who lost her battle with breast cancer in June.
Her daughter, Emma Sunderland, 9, is on one of the studio’s cheer teams.
Cost for the event is $10 for adults and $5 for students ages 9-18.
More like this story
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Jamie Bowser
- ‘Marijuana refugees’: Kansas family hopes to move to Colorado to save daughter
- For fourth straight year, school advocates march to Topeka, but stakes are higher than ever
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case