Zumba-thon event to honor student’s late mother
Studio Chanel and Co. will have a second Zumba-thon to raise money for breast cancer research.
The Tonganoxie dance studio will have the event from 1-2 p.m. Sunday at the studio, 1203 E. U.S. Highway 24-40. Participants are encouraged to wear pink for the hour of Zumba.
Proceeds will go to the Zumba Global Research Grant for breast cancer prevention in honor of Courtney Sunderland, who lost her battle with breast cancer in June.
Her daughter, Emma Sunderland, 9, is on one of the studio’s cheer teams.
Cost for the event is $10 for adults and $5 for students ages 9-18.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck