Zumba-thon event to honor student’s late mother
Studio Chanel and Co. will have a second Zumba-thon to raise money for breast cancer research.
The Tonganoxie dance studio will have the event from 1-2 p.m. Sunday at the studio, 1203 E. U.S. Highway 24-40. Participants are encouraged to wear pink for the hour of Zumba.
Proceeds will go to the Zumba Global Research Grant for breast cancer prevention in honor of Courtney Sunderland, who lost her battle with breast cancer in June.
Her daughter, Emma Sunderland, 9, is on one of the studio’s cheer teams.
Cost for the event is $10 for adults and $5 for students ages 9-18.
More like this story
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Kansas amputee shuns self-pity, shoots for Paralympic gold