Monday accident east of Tonganoxie sends 3 to KCK hospitals
An accident late Monday afternoon sent three people to area hospitals.
The wreck occurred about 4:30 p.m. at U.S. Highway 24-40 and 206th Street, or County Road 25, just east of Tonganoxie.
Denise A. Morrison, 22, Seabrook, Texas, was driving east on U.S. Highway 24-40 when she attempted to make a U-turn at 206th Street in a 2000 Ford Taurus, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports.
Chase C. Carlson, 26, Kansas City, Mo., also was driving east. Carlson didn’t see Morrison turning and his 2008 Ford Edge rear-ended Morrison’s vehicle.
Carlson was taken to Kansas University Hospital, while Morrison and a passenger, Brandon S. Ogden, 21, Tonganoxie, were taken to Providence Medical Center.
KU Hospital could not confirm or deny Carlson is a patient, an official there said late Tuesday morning.
Morrison and Ogden were treated and released, a hospital official at Providence Medical Center said Wednesday.
All three were wearing their seat belts, reports said.
More like this story
- The beetle hunter: KU entomologist on quest to identify insects of Peru
- Kansas fantasy writer's penchant for the unexpected appeals to international audiences
- Donations feed appetite for reading in Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: Group golf and a great escape