Prescription drug drop-offs to be offered Saturday
Unused and expired prescription drugs can be dropped off later this month at designated spots throughout Leavenworth County for disposal.
Drugs can be dropped off between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday in Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth and Fort Leavenworth.
Locations are Basehor Community Library, 1400 158th St. in Basehor; The Medicine Store, 760 Northstar Court, Tonganoxie; Lansing City Hall, 800 First Terrace; Price Chopper, 2107 South Fourth St., and Dillons, 720 Eisenhower Road in Leavenworth; and AAFES Post Exchange, 330 Kansas Avenue, Building 700, at Fort Leavenworth.
In addition to the businesses serving as drop-off points, the drive is being sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Lansing, Leavenworth, Basehor and Tonganoxie police departments, Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office, Regional Prevention Center of Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties, Project LEAD of Leavenworth County and Kansas City Kansas Community College.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser