Football playoff scenarios: McLouth
MCLOUTH (6-2, 3-0 Class 2-1A District 2)
McLouth, 3-0 (+63)
Oskaloosa, 3-1 (+29)
Jefferson County North, 1-2 (-8)
Valley Falls, 1-2 (-21)
Leavenworth-Immaculata, 0-3 (-63)
Games of interest: Centralia at Jackson Heights, Troy at Doniphan West
The Bulldogs clinched a district title in Friday's 52-8 win against Valley Falls, so this week's game at Leavenworth-Immaculata has no postseason implications. They'll play at home in the first round of the playoffs Nov. 8 against the District 1 runner-up. Oskaloosa is the District 2 runner-up and will play the District 1 winner on the road.
Centralia (8-0, 3-0) currently sits atop the District 1 standings and can win the title outright Friday at Jackson Heights (7-1, 2-1). JHHS is currently tied with Troy (5-3, 2-1) for second in the district, but Troy won the head-to-head meeting. Troy will wrap up its regular season Friday at Doniphan West (1-7, 0-3).
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row