Bob and Alfreda Ryan had a birthday celebration for their daughter, Kathel, Aug. 25 at their home. She and her husband, Mike Dungan, have returned to Kansas after residing in Texas the past 12 years. Mike retired as an associate warden in the federal prison system. They are making their home outside Williamstown (near Perry).
Twenty-one people attended the celebration: Mike and Kathel Dungan of Perry; Anah and Dwayne, Sarajo and Megan Mance; Bridget Mance and children Lauren, Brent, and Charles; Ed and Geri Mance; Thelma Geisen and Lena Adams, all of Leavenworth; Shanna and Justin and children Jacie and Scott, of Lawrence; Viola Edmonds, Bob and Alfreda Ryan, of McLouth.
Following a bountiful dinner, dessert featured Alfreda’s homemade Waldorf-Astoria red cake and homemade ice cream.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Man in stolen vehicle killed in two-vehicle accident Thursday east of Tonganoxie
- Vehicle crashes Saturday into downtown Tonganoxie dance studio
- Tonganoxie checkpoint turns into high-speed chase
- Former Tonganoxie resident sentenced to 19 years in case involving KCK officer