Soldier sentenced to life arrives at Fort Leavenworth
Robert Bales arrived last week at Fort Leavenworth’s United States Disciplinary Barracks for post-trial confinement.
Bales was sentenced Aug. 23 at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Fort Lews, Wash., to life in prison without parole for the killings of 16 Afghan civilians. To avoid the death penalty, he pleaded guilty.
More like this story
- Brownback invites Obama to Fort Leavenworth
- Lawyer describes talk with Afghan killings suspect held at Fort Leavenworth
- Senator to speak against prisoner transfers
- Brownback pans report on transferring detainees to Fort Leavenworth
- Worker trapped in wall collapse at Fort Leavenworth taken to area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries