Memorial golf tournament to honor MHS student
An annual memorial golf tournament to honor a McLouth High School student killed in Costa Rica will be Sunday, Sept. 29, in Kansas City, Kan.
The Remembering Justin Golf Tournament and Silent Auction will start with check-in from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Dub’s Dread Golf Course, 12601 Hollingsworth Road, Kansas City, Kan.
The tourney starts at 1 p.m. For more information, visit rememberingjustin.com. Proceeds go toward scholarships.
Justin Johnston was killed by a hotel security guard’s bullet in 2011 while on a Spanish Club trip to Costa Rica. The guard was sentenced to 15 years in prison for shooting Johnston. The court, however, recently ordered a retrial that started Monday.
More like this story
- Benefit for family of MHS student killed in Costa Rica is Oct. 9
- Man sentenced to 15 years in McLouth student's death
- Fund established at Bank of McLouth for family of student fatally shot in Costa Rica
- Services for Justin Johnston, the McLouth youth fatally shot in Costa Rica, will be Saturday in Easton
- McLouth student Justin Johnston shot, killed on school trip to Costa Rica