Visiting Evelyn Schwinn Sept. 7 were Ed and Peggy Gillaspie. They also visited Ed’s mother, Frances, in Lansing.
Sept. 8 was a special day at the Springdale Friends Church. During worship service, four people were taken into membership. Following the service, a potluck took place to honor them. We are a small, country church and are so blessed to be active. We welcome visitors.
Cousins Jeff Gillaspie and Luke Cole celebrated birthdays on Sept. 10. Jeff turned 39 and Luke 16.
Oris and Jan Nelson traveled to La Crosse, Wis., to attend Oris’ class reunion. There were 50 students attending at the end of August. They arrived home Sept. 7.
Wayne and Anabel Knapp attended the 50th year for the Leavenworth Cooperative Association Sept. 12-13 in Lansing. They served a nice meal of hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans and chips. They had daily drawings for gifts and door prizes. A large crowd attended.
Linda Haley is recuperating after her fall in August at her home. She is going to therapy twice a week.
Bill and Helen Nowlan were in Colorado for several weeks at their summer cabin. They were with their daughter, Kathy Powell. They arrived home Sept. 5.
Kathy Powell visited with Wayne and Anabel Knapp on Sept. 5.
More like this story
- Panel faults Kansas mental health system
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Public Library's Nicole Holifield
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9