THS volleyball ends skid vs. Pleasant Ridge
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team got off to a rough start Thursday against Pleasant Ridge, but in the end, the Chieftains finally got back into the win column.
THS (2-4) stumbled out of the gate, but rebounded to defeat the Rams in four sets, 12-25, 25-15, 25-12, 25-23.
Morgan Oroke led the Chieftains with 10 kills, and Leah Miller and Cheyenne Ford added eight and seven, respectively. Marissa Martin had another big night with a career-high 31 digs, and Oroke and Kaitlin Hall added nine digs each. Kaylin Nelson added a team-high two service aces in the win.
THS will get its first taste of tournament action Saturday when it competes in the Rossville Invitational.
More like this story
- Jackson Heights football rolls against McLouth, 46-8
- Basehor-Linwood escapes Tonganoxie with 5-set victory; THS 7th at Rossville
- Back on the court in Tonganoxie
- Regionals start today, tomorrow for Tonganoxie, McLouth teams
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state