Weather postpones area sporting events
A pair of Thursday sporting events have been temporarily called off because of inclement weather.
Tonganoxie High's home soccer game against Piper and the McLouth High cross country invitational have been postponed. THS cross country was also supposed to run at the meet. Make-up dates have not yet been announced.
The THS soccer team will be back in action at 6:30 p.m. Friday when it travels to Kansas City Kansas Community College for a varsity-only game against Maranatha Christian Academy. Meanwhile, the Chieftain and Bulldog cross country teams are off until next week. THS will host its home invitational on Tuesday and MHS will run Thursday at Troy.
More like this story
- Pirates rough up Chieftain boys in rout of Tonganoxie
- Closure of Kansas hospital highlights rural care challenges
- Tonganoxie High boys can't overcome early deficit in regular-season finale; Piper next in substate Friday
- Footloose Chieftains: Tonganoxie cross country qualifies both teams for state for 1st time in a decade
- New Tonganoxie High boys soccer era greets seasoned seniors