Chieftains run well at Rim Rock
The Tonganoxie High cross country teams both finished in the top 10 Saturday at the Rim Rock Farm Classic in Lawrence.
The Chieftain girls earned a fourth-place finish in the team standings with 181 points. Tressa Walker (17:28.1) and Emily Williams (17:36) led the way individually, coming in 34th and 40th, respectively. The junior duo finished 20th and 25th in team scoring.
Park Hill (Mo.) won the girls race with 91 points.
The THS boys came in ninth with a score of 296. Garrett French (18:36.1) and Drew Cook (18:39.5) came in 50th and 51st, respectively, but placed 47th and 48th in team scoring.
Hickman (Mo.) won the boys race with 109 points.
The Chieftains will be back on the course Thursday at Maranatha Academy in Shawnee.
More like this story
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties