KSHSAA releases new school classifications
Classifications for the 2013-14 school year, as well as football classes for 2014-15 and 2015-16, were released Friday by the Kansas State High School Activities Association.
Tonganoxie is a Class 4A-DI school in both cases with 600 students in the non-football count and 445 in the football count. McLouth (154 non-football, 118 football) will return to 3A in football for the next two years, but is a 2A school in every other sport.
Other notable football changes include Bonner Springs’ move up to 5A in and Bishop Miege’s drop to 4A. The Braves’ increase means next year’s Kaw Valley League will be comprised of four 5A and four 4A schools. Bishop Ward is the league’s only 4A-DII school.
Current senior classes are not counted for football.
More like this story
- Leighty grant funding awards largest single-year amount
- Kansas project to focus on lesser known historical figures
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kris Roberts
- Tonganoxie Elementary School student to present TES history at historical society meeting