Chieftain soccer ties with De Soto
The Tonganoxie High girls soccer team played even with one of the state's top returning teams Thursday, finishing in a 0-0 tie at Frontier League opponent De Soto.
The Chieftains (1-4-1) held DHS — last year's Class 4-1A state third-place finisher — scoreless through 80 minutes of regulation, and the game ended in a draw when neither team scored in two 10-minute, sudden-victory overtime periods.
THS will try to snap its five-game winless streak Monday when it returns to Kaw Valley League action at Piper. The Chieftains also have a pair of home games next week. Bishop Ward will come to town Tuesday and Leavenworth will visit Friday.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Tonganoxie candidates gather for forum
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor