Chieftain baseball gets first sweep since 2011
For the first time in more than two full seasons, the Tonganoxie High baseball teams have won both ends of a doubleheader.
The Chieftains swept a Kaw Valley League twin bill Thursday at Lansing, 3-2 and 11-8. They have now won three straight games since starting 1-3.
THS (4-3, 4-1 KVL) will be back at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds on Tuesday for a pair of games against Bonner Springs. The Chieftains split a pair of meetings with the Braves in 2013.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie reading specialist Janet Falk
- Fire up the cookers in McLouth
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field