Chieftain baseball gets first sweep since 2011
For the first time in more than two full seasons, the Tonganoxie High baseball teams have won both ends of a doubleheader.
The Chieftains swept a Kaw Valley League twin bill Thursday at Lansing, 3-2 and 11-8. They have now won three straight games since starting 1-3.
THS (4-3, 4-1 KVL) will be back at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds on Tuesday for a pair of games against Bonner Springs. The Chieftains split a pair of meetings with the Braves in 2013.
More like this story
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Mike Vestal
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized