Kansas: Bob Dole to tour cities next week
Topeka Former U.S. Sen. Bob Dole says he’s looking forward to visiting friends across Kansas next week.
Dole represented Kansas in Congress from 1960 until 1996. He will celebrate his 91s birthday in July.
He says he planned the trip through Kansas next Monday through Wednesday to see old friends and meet new ones — and to enjoy a few homemade cookies along the way.
He plans to visit Olathe, Paola and Ottawa on Monday. On Tuesday, he’ll be in Lawrence to speak at the Dole Institute of Politics, and then will visit Holton, Hiawatha and Troy. He’ll wrap up his tour Wednesday in Atchison and Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation