Kansas: Bob Dole to tour cities next week
Topeka Former U.S. Sen. Bob Dole says he’s looking forward to visiting friends across Kansas next week.
Dole represented Kansas in Congress from 1960 until 1996. He will celebrate his 91s birthday in July.
He says he planned the trip through Kansas next Monday through Wednesday to see old friends and meet new ones — and to enjoy a few homemade cookies along the way.
He plans to visit Olathe, Paola and Ottawa on Monday. On Tuesday, he’ll be in Lawrence to speak at the Dole Institute of Politics, and then will visit Holton, Hiawatha and Troy. He’ll wrap up his tour Wednesday in Atchison and Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Kansas officials won't be charged in case of man wrongfully imprisoned for murder
- Kansas man wrongly imprisoned for murder, rape sues sheriff, district attorney
- Judge throws out Kansas man's murder conviction
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office investigating body found near Tonganoxie
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change