Rain alters local baseball, softball schedules
Thursday's inclement weather caused a shake-up in area baseball and softball schedules. Tonganoxie, Basehor-Linwood and McLouth were scheduled to play in both sports, but all games have been postponed.
The Tonganoxie High baseball and softball teams were supposed to travel to Turner for Kaw Valley League doubleheaders. Baseball will be played at 4 p.m. Friday, while softball has been moved to 4 p.m. Monday.
Basehor-Linwood's teams were set to travel to Bishop Ward — baseball for a single game and softball for a doubleheader. Baseball will play at 5 p.m. Friday and softball has been postponed until May 5.
McLouth had a trip to Valley Falls on its schedule. Baseball will play Wednesday, but softball won't make its the games until May 7.
Next scheduled games
THS baseball — 12 p.m. Saturday at Basehor-Linwood (single game)
THS softball — 4 p.m. Monday at Turner
BLHS baseball — 12 p.m. Saturday vs. Tonganoxie (single game)
BLHS softball — 4 p.m. Thursday at Bonner Springs
MHS baseball — 4:30 p.m. Monday vs. Maur Hill-Mount Academy
MHS softball — 4:30 p.m. Monday vs. Maur Hill-Mount Academy
More like this story
- Kansas House panel to consider consumption tax increases
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers
- Kansas Senate plans to debate raising taxes to fix budget
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers