Annual farm and ranch tour Saturday near McLouth
If you go
• This year’s farm tour will take place at the Fousek farm, 23966 4-H Road, McLouth.
• Music, food and exhibits are part of the event.
• Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the Kansas Country Store, 728 Cherokee St., Leavenworth, or Midland Farm Store, 1401 N. Diagonal Road.
This year’s Leavenworth County Beef Improvement Association’s Farm and Ranch Tour and Field Day will be Saturday near McLouth.
Tom and Becky Fousek will host the tour at their farm, 23966 4-H Road, McLouth.
This will be LCBIA’s ninth annual tour stop, and will feature a live band, 3rd Generation. This family band, consisting of three generations, has played this event faithfully for the last seven years. There will also be displays from various sponsors/businesses.
Check in will begin at 5 p.m. with a beef brisket dinner served at 6 p.m. Following the dinner there will be a guest speaker from the wholesale food industry to give local beef producers a unique perspective on the wholesale/retail side of the beef industry.
Immediately following will be a live auction. Last year LCBIA raised $1,900 from the auction for a scholarship program.
Dinner tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at Kansas Country Store in Leavenworth, Midland Farm Store near Lawrence or from any of the directors.
Proceeds from this event also support the group’s scholarship program, which with the cooperation of the June Beaver Family, awarded $15,000 to nine students this year. The program is focused on providing scholarships to Leavenworth County students who are pursuing higher education in agriculture-related studies. The program to date has awarded $70,000 in support of area students since its inception.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Pick up a unique gift at an upcoming arts and crafts fair
- Lawmakers question Kansas policy on tax credit information
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center