Tonganoxie included in winter storm warnings; up to 10 inches of snow
The Tonganoxie area could receive between 6 and 10 inches of snow Tuesday and early Wednesday.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for northeast and north central Kansas, including Douglas and Jefferson counties, effective midnight tonight and ending 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Heavy snow and blowing snow are expected. Snow accumulations are expected between 6 and 10 inches, with up to 12 inches possible.
Another storm warning, which includes Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties, is in effect from 6 a.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Heaviest snowfall is expected between late Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening.
Snow accumulations are expected between 6 and 9 inches, with heaviest amounts expected along and north of Interstate 70.
Check back for more weather information, including any school cancellations that might be announced.
More like this story
- Winter storm warning issued for area
- Forecasters: More snow on the way Tuesday
- Winter storm watch in effect early Monday morning through 6 a.m. Wednesday for area counties
- Winter storm warning gives way to blizzard warning
- Up to 10 inches of snow possible in Tonganoxie area; winter storm warning in effect though Monday