Jury duty scam reported in Kansas
Wichita Sedgwick County officials are warning residents about a jury duty scam that has resurfaced in the area and cost one person several hundred dollars.
The Wichita Eagle reports that several people have received calls saying they missed their jury duty and must pay a fine.
Sheriff’s Lt. David Mattingly says one person who was called paid $500 for the bogus fine.
Instead of providing financial information or money, Mattingly urges anyone who gets such a call to hang up and call sheriff’s investigators, or 911 after business hours.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Ample rainfall helps wheat crop as harvest nears
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it