Kansas driver pleads guilty to killing horse, rider
Wichita A Wichita man pleaded guilty to two felonies for a hit-and-run accident that killed a man who was riding a horse.
A boy also was injured after a car driven by 26-year-old George Childers hit the horse last July 5 and then fled. The horse had to be euthanized.
Childers hit a horse being ridden by 49-year-old Lloyd Ferguson and 6-year-old Eddie Caddell.
The Wichita Eagle reports Childers will be sentenced April 2 for leaving the scene of an accident and one count of interference with law enforcement. He was scheduled to go to trial this week.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Tonganoxie Civic Club
- Kansas House committee delays review of Democrat's remarks
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Susan Freemyer
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Diane Truesdell