Kansas: Missing senior found dead in car at hospital
A Lawrence man who was the subject of a Silver Alert earlier this week was found dead inside his vehicle in the parking lot of Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
Authorities said Thursday no foul play is suspected in the death of 65-year-old George Sundstrom.
Lawrence police Sgt. Trent McKinley said officers found a man dead inside his car at the hospital Tuesday night. The Lawrence Journal-World reports officers were called by people searching for Sundstrom, who was the subject of a Silver Alert earlier that day.
McKinley says officers immediately confirmed the vehicle belonged to Sundstrom but couldn’t confirm the body’s identity.
Sundstrom had been missing since Feb. 6.
More like this story
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas House panel to consider consumption tax increases