Both McLouth hoops teams go 1-2 in three-game week
The McLouth high basketball teams played three road games in five days last week. Both Bulldog teams went 1-2 with the boys winning at Kansas City Christian and the girls winning at Jackson Heights.
The boys (9-7) suffered a 72-56 loss Feb. 10 at Pleasant Ridge, then bounced back with a 73-68 win the next day at KCC. Drew Cerny and Nic Bair led MHS with 20 and 19 points, respectively. The Bulldogs couldn’t carry the momentum over into Friday’s trip to Jackson Heights, as they dropped a 77-64 decision.
The girls (4-12) suffered back-to-back losses at Pleasant Ridge (52-34) and KC Christian (52-41) before defeating JHHS, 51-47. Angela Dailey scored a game-high 22 in the victory, which snapped the Bulldogs’ three-game losing streak.
Both McLouth teams will be back in action Tuesday at home against Leavenworth-Immaculata. They’ll be back at home Friday against Jefferson County North.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties