Amber Alert ends in Missouri murder charge
Kansas City, Mo. Springfield police say a 45-year-old man is jailed on suspicion of first-degree murder in the case of a missing 10-year-old girl.
Chief Paul Williams says investigators found "evidence of foul play" in the search for Hailey Owens, who was abducted Tuesday evening.
Williams said Wednesday that investigators continue to search for evidence "related to a potential crime." He did not address media reports that the girl's body had been found.
The suspect was arrested inside a vehicle near a Springfield home Tuesday night.
Witnesses told investigators that a man in a gold-colored 2008 Ford Ranger drove down the street several times before approaching Hailey and pulling her into his truck around 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Amber Alerts were issued in Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man arrested on warrant out of Wisconsin for attempted murder
- Kansas City man charged with murder in police-chase child death
- Murder charges filed in pregnant woman's shooting death
- Tonganoxie man faces attempted murder charges out of Wisconsin
- Three victims identified in Ottawa homicide; police searching for missing child; "person of interest" being questioned