Wind advisory in effect for local counties
Much of the area is under a wind advisory as a wintry mix of precipitation also is expected.
Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties are under a wind advisory from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. today.
Wind gusts could be anywhere from 20 to 50 mph.
The National Weather Service also issued wind advisories for Douglas and Jefferson counties. That advisory started at 9 a.m. and is in effect until 6 p.m.
A wintry mix of precipitation also is expected in parts of Leavenworth and Jefferson counties. Rain is expected in portions of Douglas, Wyandotte and Johnson counties, as well as some areas of Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- Kansas school aid debate raises tough issues for lawmakers
- Tonganoxie school board to conduct superintendent search with Phillips as finalist; Kemp stepping down
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Tonganoxie USD 464 holds line on mill rate; Smith resigns from board