Wind advisory in effect for local counties
Much of the area is under a wind advisory as a wintry mix of precipitation also is expected.
Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties are under a wind advisory from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. today.
Wind gusts could be anywhere from 20 to 50 mph.
The National Weather Service also issued wind advisories for Douglas and Jefferson counties. That advisory started at 9 a.m. and is in effect until 6 p.m.
A wintry mix of precipitation also is expected in parts of Leavenworth and Jefferson counties. Rain is expected in portions of Douglas, Wyandotte and Johnson counties, as well as some areas of Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers draft new plan to raise taxes to fix budget
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts