Tonganoxie USD 464 cancels Tuesday classes
Tonganoxie USD 464 has canceled classes for the second consecutive day.
Superintendent Randy Weseman said district officials were discussing Monday afternoon whether to cancel classes for a second day.
The district announced the decision about 5 p.m.
"Tonganoxie USD 464 is canceling classes for Tuesday, January 7, due to the issued 'wind chill warning' forecasted for the early morning hours. Many of our children are boarding busses at 6:20 a.m. and we cannot subject our children to the extreme morning temperatures forecasted," said in a statement.
According to the National Weather Service, cold air Tuesday will be dangerous. Wind chills will hover around 15 below by the afternoon with 20 below to 25 below wind chills in the morning hours.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie FFA members participate in state convention
- Officials: Early to say fewer quakes due to fracking limits
- Latest Tonganoxie police station search part of multi-year saga
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie educator Nichole Gurwell
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map