Kansas: Pot tourism trips planned from Salina to Denver
Salina A man is planning to offer rides from Salina to Denver for people who want to buy legal marijuana.
Bart Allen says he hopes to drive a 12-passenger Mercedes van for Saturday overnight trips to Denver, beginning this weekend. He says his target customers will be people 45 or older who want to learn whether the drug could help them ease medical conditions.
The Salina Journal reports Allen says his passengers will tour at least one marijuana dispensary and grow site, and then enjoy a night out in Denver before returning on Sunday.
Allen said he thinks the $420 cost of the trip will deter recreational pot users from reserving a seat on his van.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie celebrates new Good Shepherd building
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Remember When: A Community Review for March 1, 2017
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center