Kansas: I-35, I-435, K-10 overhaul moving forward
Topeka The Kansas Department of Transportation has chosen a team to design and build changes to a congested intersection of three major highways in Johnson County.
The project will be completed by Gateway Interchange Constructors, a joint venture led by Clarkson Construction Co., of Kansas City, Mo. The improvements will be made near and along the intersection of Kansas Highway 10, Interstate 435 and Interstate 35.
The contract, announced Friday, is worth $288 million and includes a $3 million incentive for early completion. Construction is scheduled to begin in the late spring and completed by late December 2016.
The project is part of four phases of work along the corridor in the densely populated northeast Kansas county.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High football season opens Friday at Spring Hill; 2 games to be on TV
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer ties KC Christian on Senior Night, finishes regular season unbeaten
- Tonganoxie soccer seeks unbeaten mark
- State basketball wraps up during weekend
- Kaw Valley, district titles on line Friday in Tonganoxie-Basehor clash