The new year is here and once again, Springdale Friends Church was among the many to cancel its services on Jan. 5.
Classes at Pleasant Ridge Schools were out on Jan. 6 and 7. It gave the young ones more time to visit their grandparents.
Danny and Linda Schwinn had five of their grandchildren visit on the days there was no school.
The farmers of this area are into the calving season. With the cold weather, it is amazing how much those little calves enjoy running around. It is a site to see.
Brian and Linda K. Schwinn celebrated their 23rd wedding anniversary on Jan. 12. Congratulations.
Bill and Helen Nowlan hosted a Christmas dinner with their family at their Springdale home.
For Thanksgiving, Helen and Kathy traveled to Tullison, Okla., to visit Helen’s sister for a few days.
David and Gloria Schmalstieg had Christmas with 20-some relatives. The kids opened their gifts and there was lots of visiting. They all enjoyed a dinner.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row