Accident east of Linwood sends Topeka man to hospital
A one-vehicle accident near Linwood sent a Topeka man to an area hospital over the weekend.
John Clinkenbeard, 69, was driving north about 8:45 p.m. on 170th Street at Kansas Highway 32 about 5 miles east of Linwood when he failed to stop at a stop sign. His 1997 Ford Expedition continued north into a cornfield, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
Clinkenbeard was taken to Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka with possible injuries.
He was wearing a seat belt, reports said.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education