Accident east of Linwood sends Topeka man to hospital
A one-vehicle accident near Linwood sent a Topeka man to an area hospital over the weekend.
John Clinkenbeard, 69, was driving north about 8:45 p.m. on 170th Street at Kansas Highway 32 about 5 miles east of Linwood when he failed to stop at a stop sign. His 1997 Ford Expedition continued north into a cornfield, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
Clinkenbeard was taken to Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka with possible injuries.
He was wearing a seat belt, reports said.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row