Kansas: Elementary school warns of students snorting Smarties
Wichita A Wichita elementary school say some fifth graders were caught crushing Smarties candies into powder and inhaling the sugar.
Officials at Enterprise Elementary School in south Wichita said last week that between 12 and 16 fifth-graders were crushing the candies, inhaling it into their mouths and exhaling through their noses.
Wichita district spokeswoman Susan Arensman says it was an isolated case involving one fifth-grade class. Parents of the students were called to attend a mandatory meeting at the school. She says the students will face disciplinary action.
The Wichita Eagle reports the school plans to invite counselors, police officers or others from outside agencies to talk to students about the dangers of inhalants.
More like this story
- Kansas: No court order needed for same-sex birth certificate
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Shooting at Overland Park duplex kills woman, wounds girl
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties