Kansas teen recovering from scorpion sting
Haysville A Kansas teenager is recovering at home after spending three days in intensive care recovering from a scorpion sting.
Fifteen-year-old Parker Hartley of Haysville was bitten Friday after he played Frisbee Golf while barefoot at a park in Haysville. He put on his shoes after the game and felt a sharp sting and instant pain.
KAKE-TV reports Hartley’s parents at first thought he had been stung by a bee or wasp. But within 24 hours, his foot had swollen and Hartley said the pain was unbearable. A nurse at Wesley’s emergency room recognized the sting and he was hospitalized.
Experts say scorpions hide in dark places, so check your shoes if they’ve been outside, or in sheds.