Tonganoxie Civic Club to have blood drive July 18
Tonganoxie Civic Club is sponsoring a blood drive later this month.
Community Blood Center will be taking blood donations from 2 to 7 p.m. July 18 at VFW Hall, 910 E. First St. in Tonganoxie.
“When individuals normally think of essential community services, they think about the fire and police departments,” said Jay Menitove with Community Blood Center. “Community Blood Center and its donors are very similar to police officers and firefighters. We make up a life-saving team that is here to meet the needs of local patients. Our volunteer donors roll up their sleeves and do so without hesitation.”
CBC is the local nonprofit supplier of blood services for 70 hospitals throughout Kansas City, Kan., Lawrence, Topeka, Kansas City, Mo., St. Joseph, Mo., and Jefferson, City, Mo.
To make an appointment, visit savealifenow.org, click the “Schedule an Appointment” icon and enter sponsor code “tonganoxie.”
More like this story
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- 60 years strong: Tonganoxie physician marks milestone
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses