Tonganoxie area fairly calm on severe weather day
Tonganoxie City firefighters were called out for storm spotting this morning, but firefighters haven't been called out for any weather-related damage.
A Tonganoxie firefighter said late Thursday morning that he'd seen a few tree limbs down in town, but that was about the extent of damage.
The town experienced rain and some strong winds during the morning hours and was under a severe thunderstorm warning that expired at 11:45 a.m., but remains under a watch. Leavenworth County is among area counties under a severe thunderstorm watch until 2 p.m.
More like this story
- Derby police to give school officers body cameras
- Tonganoxie grad pleads not guilty in Schlitterbahn case
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- Efforts to repeal Kansas death penalty may be stymied by U.S. Supreme Court's ruling
- Topeka High School teacher surprises student with car gift