Sokker Kamp wraps up fifth year
The fifth installment of the annual Tonganoxie High "Sokker Kamp" is in the books.
The five-day camp, hosted by THS boys soccer coach Brian Kroll, wrapped up Friday at the high school field. As many as 40 members of the Chieftain boys and girls teams met with Kroll, girls coach Justin Seever and various former players for drills and scrimmages.
Both Chieftain teams are coming off appearances in the Class 4-1A regional finals. The championship appearance was the fifth straight for the boys squad and the third straight for the girls.
Kroll will also host his Kids Kamp next month. The fourth annual camp will take place from July 14-18 at the high school field. There will be a session from 9 to 11 a.m. for campers in kindergarten through fourth grade and a session from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for campers in fifth through seventh grade. Registration is $35.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat