Tonganoxie High cheer, dance teams score awards in Salina
The Tonganoxie High School cheer/yell and dance teams earned several awards at a camp last week on the Kansas Wesleyan University campus in Salina.
The Chieftain Stars dance team won the blue ribbon for its home routine, as well as the Superior Dance Squad trophy. The team also claimed 34 blue ribbons for individual dance routines and had four team members named as all-Americans: junior Halley Calovich and seniors Summer Cerny, Jessica Minear and Emily Langston.
THS cheer/yell squad also earned a blue ribbons for home routine, sidelines, cheers and extreme routine and the Superior Squad Trophy. The squad also won the Traditions Award and Plaque. Seniors Justin Patrick and Emily Mitchell were Pin It Forward recipients, while senior Emily Pierce and junior Angela Faherty were named all-Americans.
Gail Kiefer is dance coach; Stacy McElderry is cheer coach and Mary Welsh assistant cheer coach.
More like this story
- Piper boys end Tonganoxie's season at PHS
- Linwood News and McLouth Happenings
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Topeka firm for City Hall, police station work
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer ties KC Christian on Senior Night, finishes regular season unbeaten
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer opens regionals as No. 1 seed