Kansas military unit to conduct severe weather exercise
Topeka Airmen of a Topeka-based Kansas National Guard unit will test their response skills this week to see how they would respond to a severe weather disaster.
The 190th Air Refueling Wing based at Forbes Field will conduct the training exercise Wednesday. The event will involve military personnel as well local and state government agencies and emergency responders.
The scenario will run from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. and simulate how the military staff would respond to a storm that damages structures and equipment on the air base, as well as causes injuries.
The 190th Air Refueling Wing flies KC-135 tankers that conduct aerial refueling operations worldwide.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures