Tonganoxie moves forward with tearing down police station
Tonganoxie will move ahead with demolishing the former Tonganoxie police station.
City Administrator Nathan McCommon said Monday that the city engineer had met with an engineer the Stevens family hired for a second opinion on how demolition would affect neighboring buildings.
The former station shares a wall with Dr. Phil Stevens’ office, which is just east of the building.
Engineers found that the work would not cause structural harm to Stevens’ building.
McCommon said city crews could start on tearing down the building as early as next week.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie officials delay demolition plans for former police station
- Demolition of former Tonganoxie police station set for Thursday
- KDHE delaying Tonganoxie demolition work of former police station
- Tonganoxie City Council votes to demolish former police station
- Tonganoxie city crews plan to tear down house, former police station in coming days