Kansas: Hearing set for 19-year-old murder suspect
Lawrence A preliminary hearing has been set for a 19-year-old Lawrence woman charged with murder in the death of her 52-year-old housemate.
Sarah Brooke Gonzales McLinn is charged in the January death of Harold Sasko. The Lawrence Journal-World reports (http://bit.ly/1g576aV ) her preliminary hearing was scheduled Thursday for May 16. If she’s convicted, prosecutors are seeking to have McLinn sentenced to life without parole for at least 50 years.
Sasko owned pizza restaurants in Lawrence and Topeka. McLinn was an employee, and Sasko’s relatives have said he let her move into his home while she was having personal problems.
McLinn was reported missing around the time Sasko was found dead Jan. 17. McLinn was later arrested in Florida at Everglades National Park and is being held in Kansas on $1 million bond.
More like this story
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- U.S. Senate to discuss funding food stamps program with grants
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties