Crews tend to hydraulic fluid leak along Washington Street
Emergency crews were tending to a hydraulic leak Monday afternoon along Washington Street in Tonganoxie.
The hydraulic fluid leaked from a truck transporting a crane for the new elementary school from U.S. Highway 24-40 to the school construction site on Washington Street, city officials said.
The leak was along the side of the road and crews have been working Monday afternoon to clean up the spill with sand.
Tonganoxie Assistant City Administrator Jennifer Jones-Lacy said officials plan to direct traffic around the area they're working on.
More like this story
- Search for Tonganoxie city water leak leads to historical discovery
- City officials fix water main break; water district to continue to supply community until Monday
- City crews continue search for water leak
- Impending winter storm forces schools to close early
- Tonganoxie moves forward with Washington Street sidewalk plans