Kansas historic site hosts Bleeding Kansas play
The Kansas Historical Society says an acting troupe of history re-enactors plans to present the play “Bleeding Kansas Characters.”
The Lecompton Re-enactors plan to portray notable people from the Bleeding Kansas era discussing slavery. The event is set for 2 p.m. on April 6 at Constitution Hall State Historic Site.
Set in a 1850s Kansas territorial town hall political meeting, the dramatization is written by J. Howard Duncan.
The April 6 presentation is the fifth in a series, with the final performance scheduled for May 4.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High girls golf era begins this fall
- Tonganoxie High sprinters 8th at Kansas Relays
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board picks new member; FTE enrollment up; library building discussed; contracts, resignations approved
- Transgender activist sues Kansas over birth certificate
- Family Medicine of Tonganoxie open house is Thursday